Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Sweet Abbigail!



Dear Abbi, 

I don't even know if I can adequately express how much our lives have been blessed this past year because of you. You bring us so much joy and happiness. We thank Heavenly Father everyday for blessing us with you. 

You are growing so fast! It kind of makes me all emotional. I look back at the first pictures we took of you and I see how small you were... I can't believe you are growing up. You aren't my sweet baby anymore. You are a little toddler. You are so determined, stubborn at times, and independent and we wouldn't have it any other way.

At 12 months old, you:

* Have 5 almost 6 teeth. The sixth tooth is being pretty stubborn.
*Say "Hi", "Go", "Uh-Oh", "Amen", "Nana", "Mama", "Dada", "Abbi" and you can sign "please", "more" and "all done" Oh and you are awesome at blowing kisses!
*Say prayers with us. You fold your arms during the whole prayer and say "amen" at the end. You're so smart!
*Love reading books! Seriously, you bring me a new book to read every 10 minutes. I love it!
* Love singing "10 Little Monkeys" (jumping on the bed) and you even do the hand actions for it! It's adorable!
*Are a pretty good eater. But, when you are done with your food, you throw it all on the floor and that can get pretty messy.
*Love bathtime! You love it so much you stand up and try and run in the bathtub. When you slip and fall it totally freaks me out!
*Think its a game when we tell you no. When we say no you smile and do it some more! Little Stinker!
* Wear 6 Month clothing and are in size 2 diapers. We have your doctor appointment tomorrow to find out height and weight. But you sure are a petite little thing.
*Love running around outside. It still is your favorite place to be!
*Sleep awesome! You take two naps during the day that are about 2 hours long each and you sleep from 7pm-7am. It's grrrrrreat!!

We sure love you Abbi Girl! Thanks for making our days brighter!

XOXO
Mommy & Daddy

P.S. I just found out you share a birthday with Thomas S. Monson (the prophet of our church!) and that is pretty cool!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. What a sweet video! I started Elliott's a long time ago but haven't worked on it for some time! But you've given me the motivation to get it done! So, so sweet! Happy birthday Abbi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video was so precious. I might have teared up a little haha (postpartum hormones? ) Happy 1st birthday sweet Abbigail!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...