Friday, December 20, 2013

Catch Up.

Okay you guys, let's get real. I don't know what happened to me. One day I was all "I love blogging!" and "I'm doing a post everyday!" Then one day I woke up and I didn't feel it. I didn't feel like taking my camera places to document and I didn't feel like putting my thoughts and feelings into words and creating a blog post. I just wasn't (and still not) feeling it.

I'm in a blogging rut

So in hopes of documenting events that have happened in the past two months, I'm  doing this catch up post. Hopefully, I can do something and my desire for blogging will come back full force! For my blogging friends, any suggestions? How do you find inspiration for blog posts? How can I get out of this rut? 

Okay, Let's get down to business...

Halloween (yup, it's been that long, my friends)
I have a love/hate relationship with pinterest. Seriously, I get so much inspiration from pinterest and I actually feel like I could be creative/crafty (which doesn't come naturally) so naturally I wanted to make Abbi's costume and I wanted all three of us to match. So I turned to Pinterest. Long story short, Halloween this year was SOOO stressful for me and procrastinating probably didn't help my feelings one bit. But I was doing everything last minute and I know we could of had better costumes but this is what we came up with: 


Seriously, Abbi could make anything look cute... But safe to say next year I'm going to buy our costumes. 

Also, the week of Halloween my Sister-in-law gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and their little boy Ryker came up to Inkom and stayed with Drew's parents. It was So fun to play with Ryker! Abbi LOVES him! She would follow him everywhere and laugh at every silly thing he did! They are so funny. 



At the beginning of November there was a gorgeous fall day and I forced Drew and Abbi to go outside and take pictures with me. I think they turned out pretty good. Obviously, they would have been better if Abbi would have been looking at the camera, but it was her nap time and I'll take what I can get. 







Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving, We drove to Washington to spend time with my family! We had such a nice time! My Aunt Holly and Uncle Casey and their seven kids drove up from Utah. We had a packed house, but that made it all the more fun! Of course we got spoiled while we were there. (My mom is really good at doing that, and I love it! ;) 

Also, 1000,000,000 brownie points to my Sister-in-law Nicole for having her baby while we were there! Seriously, It made my whole week! There is just something about holding a newborn baby that makes the whole world seem okay again. Right? Kaysen is the cutest little guy in the world! I'm one happy aunt! 



Proud Grandma and Grandpa. 
Seriously?! Have you seen anything cuter?
Drew's Birthday! 


On December 3rd, Drew turned 25! I can't believe I married such an old man! But in all seriousness, I am so blessed to have Drew in my life! I knew two weeks into dating Drew that I wanted to marry him. It was the easiest and best decision I have ever made! For his birthday Abbi and I took him his favorite lunch at school and then we he got off work, We dropped Abbi off at Nana and Grandpa's and We went out to dinner. It was pretty relaxed and very enjoyable! Happy Birthday Handsome! 

The next day, we had our ward Christmas party! Santa came! Abbi met Santa for the first time last year:

She couldn't have cared less about the guy. This year was a whole different story! 


She couldn't stand him! But, I guess that's pretty typical.. Maybe next year will be more of a success! 

Let's speed things up a bit, shall we?! 

We set up our Christmas tree that same week and I LOVE it! So does Abbi! She loves taking the ornaments off the tree, I hate love putting them back on and we both love the eat the candy canes off the tree! MMMMM! 

Drew's Great Grandma Passed away on December 7th. She was 97 years old! NINTEY SEVEN! She was so sweet and happy. She is and will be missed by many, but we are so happy she can be reunited with her sweet husband. I'm grateful that we will be able to see her again! Also, a lot of family came from out of town for her funeral, some of whom I hadn't met before. That was nice to have the whole family together. 


Abbi learned how to say "cheeeeese"...


... and how to take pictures of herself on the iPad. 


It's been snowing quite a bit lately, one morning we took Abbi out and introduced her to the snow. She loved it until she fell... then she didn't like it anymore. 



I think that pretty much gets us caught up. Life is so busy, but at the same time nothing is really happening. Does that even make sense?! Abbigail is such a joy. Her personality shines through and even though she can be a handful, I love how independent and stubborn she is ( I guess she gets that from me.) 



Thanks for reading this EXTRA long catch up post. If you finished you deserve a plate of Christmas cookies or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...